COVID19 and Instrumental Music
It is a priority for all instrumental music teachers to ensure students can safely participate in band & orchestra. COVID Aerosol studies, professional music organization inputs, and guidelines presented by CHSAA were considered to make this a possibility. The following guidelines for in-person learning are the current practice, possible changes as more findings are released within the music profession:
- All Instrumental music students will wear a mask.
- Band Instruments will use bell covers, as needed during play.
- Instruments requiring the use of breath will rehearse outdoors with appropriate bell covers. When outdoor rehearsals are not possible, students will participate in bucket drumming and other musical studies, in the band room.
- Social distancing will take place in the rehearsal setting through assigned seating and maintaining distance between students.
- Students will not share supplies/music/stands/etc.
- Students will sanitize upon entry and exit of band & orchestra.