2021 - 2022 COURSE REGISTRATION
Current Juniors (11th grade) - Click here to find class registration resources for your senior year
Current Sophomores (10th grade) - Click here to find class registration resources for your junior year
Current Freshmen (9th grade) - Click here to find class registration resources for your sophomore year
SCHEDULE CHANGE PROCESS - DEADLINE FOR ADD/DROP REQUESTS IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 15th. IF YOU ARE ONLY DROPPING CLASSES, YOU CAN DO SO UNTIL FRIDAY, JANUARY 29.
Palmer’s block schedule and the mandate to manage class sizes continues to impact our flexibility for students to make adjustment to schedules. Student-initiated schedule changes can only be considered for the following reasons:
- Duplicate classes
- Example: You have two Algebra 1 classes in different periods
- Missing core or grad requirement classes
- Example: You require a PE or English to stay on track for graduation but it is not in your schedule
- You already took the same level class
- Example: You already passed Game Programming 1 but have been placed back in that class again this year instead of moving to Game Programming 2
- Medical or religious exemptions
It is important to remember that you must maintain a minimum five credit courseload if you are participating in sports or other CHSSA activities (e.g. Student Council). Additionally, students are expected to be enrolled in a minimum number of classes depending on their grade level (min class total includes 8th period homeroom). Exceptions to go below minimum class requirements may be made for students with unique circumstances:
- Freshmen must be enrolled in a minimum of seven classes per semester
- Sophomores must be enrolled in a minimum of six classes per semester
- Juniors and seniors must be enrolled in a minimum of five classes per semester.
If your request meets the above criteria, you may email your counselor with your specific request. You must be sure to include the following in your email by the end of the school day on Sept 1:
- Specific class(es) that you are attempting to add and/or drop (review the master schedule)
- Class name
- Your reason for requesting the change. Your request may not be considered if your rationale does not meet the schedule change criteria listed above
Your counselor will coordinate your request with the relevant teachers and determine if your request can be satisfied. A decision will be delivered to you via email from your counselor with any additional directions for you to follow. Please allow for up to 72 hours of processing. Students must continue to attend their originally scheduled classes until such time as they are notified of decision by their counselor.
- Duplicate classes