MEAL DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
In order to meet the requests and needs of our families, Food & Nutrition Services, in partnership with your local schools, will provide a Monday – Friday lunch time drive up “Grab and Go” (usually at the front of the building) meal service option for students who are not in attendance at schools.
The curbside “Grab and Go” service is a sack meal that will include student favorites. Entrées will be sent cold for food safety; however, cooking instructions will be provided when appropriate. Breakfast sack meals may be picked up at the same time as lunch. Parents and Guardians are permitted to pick up meals for their students, as the USDA requirement for students to obtain the meal has been waived.
There are important regulations and procedures that must be followed to provide this service:
- Meal service is for District 11 K-12th grade students only
- Student name is required to obtain a meal
- All student meals may be picked up at one school location even if different D11 schools are involved
- Meal price is based on student status of Free, Reduced, and Full Pay
- K-12th grade Reduced status students receive free breakfast and lunch
- Place money on student’s account via MySchoolBucks. No cash at Grab and Go sites
- Questions – call FNS Office at 520-2924
The schools currently signed up for the Grab and Go service are: