WELCOME TO COLUMBIA ELEMENTARY COUNSELING!
As the school counselor, Ms. Kretzmar supports all Columbia students, staff, and parents in a variety of ways. Some of these supports include:
- Supporting the classroom, and now online, delievery of the school-wide Social Emotional Learning Curriculum. Students are taught about Social Emotional Competencies to include: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Responsible Decision Making, Relationship Skills, Social Awareness, and Self Awareness.
- Running small intervention groups based on needs identified by students themselves, teachers, and parents. These groups include: reteaching of concepts covered in the classroom that need more reinforcement and practice, Grief and Loss, Friendship, Conflict Management, Changing Families, and Anger Management to name a few.
Mrs. Kretzmar also supports in the following ways:
- Conflict Mediation and Resoultion
- Crisis Management
- Targeted Skill Development identified through our
- Threat and Risk Assessments
Mrs. Kretzmar is in her 25 th year in education. She has served as a 4-5 looping teacher, a School Counselor and a Behavior Interventionist. She additionally supports children as a play therapist in her private practice outside of District 11.