At Home Moving Opportunities!!
I designed this page as a way to provide families with a variety of opportunities to get moving! Complete what you like and leave the rest. I would love to know what you're doing at home, so please share with me what you can (email@example.com).
April Movement Calendar: here's a calendar that offers movement ideas of each day in April! Have fun and get moving!!
Physical Education At-Home Activities (click here): this link has MANY opportunties gathered from PE teachers and sources from all of the world!
HYPE (Helping Young People Energize): These links are for families who are really wanting to work with an at-home PE curriculum. Please use what you like, and forgo what you would rather not complete. There is A LOT here!
- Home Curriculum Map for Kinder through 2nd grade! (The journal is in the HYPE link above).
- Home Curriculum Map for 3rd through 5th grade! (The journal is in the HYPE link above).
Active Game Stations: These links below are to games that are designed to run as stations. This is a fun way to get the WHOLE family involved. You may even consider doing some of these on a web call with your friends or distant families!
- Rock Paper Scissor stations
- Charade stations
- Invisible Dumbell stations
- Shadow Ball stations
- Tabata stations
- Floor Tape Game stations
Family Games: These links are to games that are meant to played with the member of your household. For some of these games you'll need basic equipment (supplies), like a deck of cards or bean bags. Remember though, you can always get creative with supplies simply because these options are just opportunites for some fun/ active movements as a family.
- Dance Party (cards included)
- Fitness UNO (a deck of UNO cards are needed)
- Slam Ball (a ball that bounces and a hoop (or circular drawing) is needed
- Be Happy Bean Bag (a spot marker and bean bag (of some type) are needed)
- Parachute Pass (a sheet or a large towel is needed)
Create a Game: For this project, you will have an opportunity to create a game that you can play in your home using anything that you can!!
Challenge Boards: challenge yourself with some of these fun and unique activity boards!
** Weekly Video Schedule from Speed Stacks:
- Mondays: New Activity Videos (these will build upon the almost 30 Stacking@Home videos)
- Tuesdays: Teacher Tuesdays (specifically for teachers)
- Wednesdays: Stacker Videos (help stackers of all ages and abilities get faster)
- Trick sheet
- Watch the Lesson on Jumps
- Don't forget to check out my video titled "How to Make a Jump Rope" with grocery bags!
- Some of our favorite channels: KidBop, Koo Koo KangaRoo, NTV, Blazer Fresh, Moose Tube, Maximo, Fresh Start Fitness