• District 11 Graduation Requirements

  • Colorado Graduation Guidelines provide a road map to help students and their families plan for success after high school. Students in middle and high school must think about their passions and interests and plan for their future. Graduation requirements in School District 11 have changed to align with the State's requirements and Colorado instructional standards. Please visit the following links for detailed information and if you have questions regarding the requirements, contact your student's school counselor.

  • How Can I Support My Student in Demonstrating Career and College Readiness Demonstrations?


    The ACT WorkKeys is offered through our Career and Technical Education program primarily through the Alternative Cooperative Education (ACE) class at each high school. The Bijou School, Tesla Educational Opportunity School, and Achieve Online School are offering ACT WorkKeys to select students. This program prepares young adults to be occupationally effective, socially responsible and functionally independent. Students will have the opportunity to earn up to 3 credits per semester, depending on employment. The ACE program is designed to enhance employment-related skills for 11th and 12th grade students. Here are the steps to earn and a bronze on the ACT WorkKeys: 

    1. Student enrolls in the ACE program during junior and/or senior year. 
    2. Student takes the course and prepares to take the ACT WorkKeys. For more information and sample questions, visit the College Board website. 
    3. Student takes the ACT WorkKeys in the class and earns a bronze level (Bronze is level 3 out of 7). 
    4. Students earning the bronze level earn the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate. 

    ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAM and International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam

    Students enrolled in AP and/or IB English and Math courses will have the opportunity to take the corresponding exams.

    Here are the steps to take AP and IB Exams: 

    1. Student enrolls in an AP or IB English and AP or IB Math course.* 
    2. Student registers for the corresponding AP or IB exams with their AP or IB teacher. 
    3. Student completes the AP or IB English and AP or IB Math exams. 
    4. Student and school receive AP scores in July from College Board and in September from IBO. Student must earn a score of 2 or better for AP and 4 or better for IB.

    *It is best for your student to be currently enrolled in these courses as an 11th grader so the student has exam results prior to graduation.


    There are two pathways to take an ASVAB test: 

    Taking ASVAB at school:  

    1. Student signs up at their school to take ASVAB. 
    2. Student takes the ASVAB. 
    3. School receives test scores within approximately 2 weeks. 
    4. Student meets with their school counselor to discuss results and plan the next steps for recruitment. 

    Taking ASVAB with a recruiter: 

    1. Student and family meet with a military service recruiter (in-school or at recruitment station). 
    2. Student schedules date for ASVAB testing with a recruiter. **Note – some recruiters will let students take a pre-ASVAB or sample test to determine a likely score result.  However, only qualifying scores on an official ASVAB administration can be counted by the district for College & Career Readiness Demonstration. 
    3. Student obtains a score report from a recruiter and discusses the next steps for enlistment. 
    4. Student provides copy of official ASVAB score sheet to their school counselor for import into the D11 student information system.


    Placement in a concurrent enrollment course is dependent on availability, scheduling, and meeting prerequisites. It is important to work closely with the CE counselor at your school. There are four options to earn college credit: 

    • Dual Enrollment Course--(e.g. CU Gold/Succeed, Seniors to Sophomores)--Check to see if the specific class and teacher of the course in which you are enrolled is offering college credit. Credit must be earned. There is a cost per class. Check with the teacher of the course for details. 
    • Articulated CTE Course-- Visit https://www.d11.org/Page/11256 for a list of courses, a parent letter, and the request form for college credit. Students must earn an A or B to earn college credit. There is no cost to families. Check with the teacher of the course for details. 
    • Concurrent Enrollment Course—Students must meet minimum entrance admission requirements for PPCC or UCCS, be on track to graduate, and the course must be related to the students ICAPStudent and parent must complete the Concurrent Enrollment Application by the fall and spring deadlines for the following semester. Students may be responsible for transportation, books, and fees. Check with the CE counselor for details. 
    • Career Start at PPCC -- Visit https://www.ppcc.edu/high-school-programs and Career Start under options for more information. Students must meet minimum entrance admission requirements for PPCC, be on track to graduate, and the course must be related to the student’s ICAP. There is no cost to families and transportation is provided for most programs. Check with the CE counselor for details. 


    As part of a Career and Technical Education program, students are often able to earn a recognized Industry Certificate that demonstrates career competency, knowledge, and skills. Go to https://www.d11.org/Page/11257 to view the certifications offered through D11 Career and Technical Education classes, and to view the complete list of D11 approved industry certifications. When students participate in these courses and earn a D11 approved industry certificate, they will have met both the Reading and Math competencies of the graduation requirements. 

    Here are the steps to earn an Industry Certification: 

    1. Student enrolls in a Career and Technical Education Pathway. 
    2. Student takes the course sequence which may often start as early as the 9th or 10th grade year. 
    3. Student works with the CTE teacher to take the assessment for certification. 

    SAT and ACT 

    There are multiple opportunities to take the SAT (earning a 470 or better on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing section and a 500 or better on the Math section) and/or take the ACT (earning am 18 or better on the English section and a 19 or better on the Math section).   

    All 11th graders in Colorado will have the opportunity to take the School Day SAT in April at your home high school. If you'd like to register for additional SAT or an ACT by taking a national exam, please see the links below. Students are responsible for national exam registration. See your counselor if you have any questions/concerns throughout the process. 

    There are also free practice tests, test preparation tips, and activities on the SAT and ACT websites. 

    SAT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/dates-deadlines 

    ACT: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html 


    More information coming soon.  



If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

  • Graduation Requirement Policy and Regs:

    IKF Graduation Requirements
    IKFA Early Graduation
    IKFB Exclusion from Graduation Exercises
    IKF-R-1 Graduation Requirements (Applied to 2021 Graduates)
    IKF-R-2 Current Graduation Requirements (Transitional for 2017 to 2020 Graduates)