About the Diamond Award
2018-19 Diamond Awards
What: Diamond Awards are awarded to teachers from each of the D-11 High Schools based on nominations from students. Teachers selected as a Diamond Award recipient receive $500, a plaque recognizing their accomplishments, and are invited to accept their award at a Rotary Club of Colorado Springs luncheon meeting in March/April 2019.
Why: This is an opportunity for students to honor outstanding teachers and remember the importance of teachers in our lives.
When: Nomination period is from October 1 – December 7, 2018. Awards will be announced in March 2019.
This program is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Colorado Springs.
Students - Nominate a Teacher
Students: CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE A TEACHERAll Diamond Award Nominations are due December 7Students, please consider the following questions while you are authoring the nomination for your chosen teacher.
- How does this teacher demonstrate their ability to communicate to you and other students and present their subject matter expertise?
- How does this teacher positively influence you and your fellow students?
- What extra efforts does this teacher take to adapting teaching methods to students’ individual needs?
- How does this teacher prepare you and other students to be productive members of society?
- How does this teacher communicate values, expectations and fairness in the classroom setting?
- Does this teacher participate in extra activities such as after school clubs and/or sports?
- Describe a memorable class experience you had with this teacher that encouraged you to nominate him/her for this award.