Unit Essential Question: How does time and place drive individual and social identity?
For this unit, we will be learning about 5 of the major World Religions. This is a self-paced, self-directed activity. Read and follow all the instructions.
- As a class watch the Islam 101 video, taking notes in your graphic organizer.
- Group 1 read the Quran 2:255 and answer the Sacred Text questions in the graphic organizer.
- Group 2 watch the 360 view of the Kaaba and answer the Sacred Space questions in the graphic organiser.
- If you have time remaining in this station check out the extention activities at the bottom of the page.
- Groups switch and complete the other activity.
- If you feel like you missed something check out the powerpoint to fill in any gaps in knowledge.
Islam 101 Video
Use this exerpt from the Quran to answer the questions on the right (after the video questions).
"Allah: there is no true God but Him. The Ever-Living, the Eternal Master of all. Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes Him. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth. Who is there that can intercede with Him, except by His permission? He knows all that lies open before them and all that lies hidden from them; whereas they cannot attain to anything of His knowledge save as He wills. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of both does not tire Him. He is the Most High, the Most Great." (Quran 2:255)
Extension: Tour of Colorado Mosque
Watch this video and then plot the location of the Kaaba (Holy Site Mosque) in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.