Unit Essential Question: How does time and place drive individual and social identity?
For the next unit, we will be learning about 5 of the major World Religions. This is a self-paced, self-directed activity. Read and follow all the instructions.
- As a class watch the Hinduism 101 video, taking notes in your graphic organizer.
- Group 1 read the Hindu Verses from the Vedas and answer the Sacred Text questions in the graphic organizer.
- Group 2 watch the Hindu Temple video and answer the Sacred Space questions in the graphic organiser.
- If you have time remaining in this station check out the extention activities at the bottom of the page.
- Groups switch and complete the other activity.
- If you feel like you missed something check out the powerpoint to fill in any gaps in knowledge.
Verses from the Vedas
Read the passage below and answer the questions (after the video questions) in the box on the right.
The one who loves all intensely
begins perceiving in all living beings
a part of himself.
He becomes a lover of all,
a part and parcel of the Universal Joy.
He flows with the stream of happiness,
and is enriched by each soul.
Sing the song of celestial love, O singer!
May the divine fountain of eternal grace and joy
enter your soul.
May Brahma, (the Divine One),
Pluck the strings of your inner soul
with His celestial fingers,
And feel His own presence within.
Bless us with a divine voice
That we may tune the harp-strings of our life
To sing songs of Love to you.