Bill Dowdle School Social Worker
What an intense time we are living in! I want you all to be safe and healthy. Do all the recommended safety precautions...don't blow them off! Your teachers have assignments listed in their web pages or Schoology. If you have any trouble, please contact your teacher, or myself, or any other staff member that you feel comfortable with. I will be available to help you, as well, if there are items you have difficulty with. Please contact me at 719-322-7412 should you need anything.
If you can text me or one of your teachers your phone/text number, it would be greatly appreciated! Again, my number is 719-322-7412.
Here's a source for food needs:
Here's another Food Distribution Resource:
Thank you, wonderful Bijou students...looking forward to seeing you again! Have a safe and wonderful summer!
Goals for High Schoolers in the Social/Emotional Area
includes the ability to:
• See the connections between current tasks and their personal goals and interests; reflect on their personal aspirations, goals, and objectives (self-awareness).
• Develop skills for focusing attention, managing stress and anxiety, and accomplishing goals in order to effectively participate in classroom learning (self-management).
• Develop empathy and perspective-taking in their thinking processes (social awareness).
• Develop speaking and listening skills for presentations and learn to collaborate in groups where they are encouraged to consider the perspectives and thought processes of their peers (relationship skills).
• Use oral, artistic, and written expression to reflect on choices and goals as a way of developing strong decision-making skills (responsible decision-making).
Check out the Community Resources by clicking on the link below. If there are other resources needed than what are listed, please contact me at 719-322-7412, so I can explore those needs with you.
Parents and Students: Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or have any needs that you feel are not being addressed.