Bill Dowdle School Social Worker
Well, Here we are at the Thanksgiving break! I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful time celebrating one another...even if it's virtual, small (safe) group, or just staying with your little family. Hopefully, next Thanksgiving will be free of restrictions. Through care and love for one another, we can get through this.
If you can text me or one of your teachers your phone/text number, it would be greatly appreciated! Again, my number is 719-322-7412, making me available to you as needed.
You can see your schedule and grades in Student Connect. If you have difficulty finding that...again, please call me and I will help you find it. (719) 322-7412
When we return on November 30, 2020, we will still be "remote learning" for the three weeks leading up to the winter break. Please call if you have any questions or concerns.
Below if a food distribution site, if your family has a need in this area. Also, there is a flyer for specific Thanksgiving help for only November 23 (from 12 noon to 2 p.m.). Call if you have any questions about this. Thanks and have a great break!
Bill (719-322-7412 ---- need I say it again? Ha!)
Goals for High Schoolers in the Social/Emotional Area
includes the ability to:
• See the connections between current tasks and their personal goals and interests; reflect on their personal aspirations, goals, and objectives (self-awareness).
• Develop skills for focusing attention, managing stress and anxiety, and accomplishing goals in order to effectively participate in classroom learning (self-management).
• Develop empathy and perspective-taking in their thinking processes (social awareness).
• Develop speaking and listening skills for presentations and learn to collaborate in groups where they are encouraged to consider the perspectives and thought processes of their peers (relationship skills).
• Use oral, artistic, and written expression to reflect on choices and goals as a way of developing strong decision-making skills (responsible decision-making).
Check out the Community Resources by clicking on the link below. If there are other resources needed than what are listed, please contact me at 719-322-7412, so I can explore those needs with you.
Parents and Students: Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or have any needs that you feel are not being addressed.