THE DIGITAL HIGH SCHOOL WILL TRANSITION TO EXCLUSIVE VIRTUAL LEARNING TUESDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2020
Three staff members at Achieve Online and Digital High School have been asked to stay home because of exposure to a positive COVID-19 case. Currently one staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. As part of this public health investigation:
- The staff members who were sent home will remain out of school while they are further evaluated.
- The people who were classmates or close contacts of the staff members who were sent home may be asked to stay home and quarantine if either
- The staff member who was sent home is found to have COVID-19
- OR the evaluation will take longer than four days
Because it is impossible to assess all interactions in a school or workplace and because of the length of time which classes spend together, all classroom members are considered close contacts. Additionally, any colleague/student who was closer than 6 feet for longer than 10 minutes will be considered a close contact.
As we closely monitor these cases we will be transitioning Achieve Online and Digital High School to 100% remote learning starting Tuesday, November 17th through the rest of this semester. Staff will return to school January 4, 2021. Students will be able to return to in-person learning on January 6, 2021.
If you develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Have yourself tested.
- Stay home from school/worksite and avoid other activities around other people.
- Notify the school.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19, calling your doctor before you show up.
Under the Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (“HFWA”), an employer must provide paid leave to an employee under certain conditions, including taking care of someone else due to COVID-19 precautions, including a child whose school, place of care, or childcare is closed or unavailable. [https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/interpretive-notice-formal-opinions-infos]
If you have further questions, please contact Achieve Online or Digital HS or your local public health agency.
You can access the GradPoint URL at https://cssd4237-tdhs-ccl.v2.gradpoint.com
Login is: lastname+first intial
Password is: first inital+lastname
FYI: GradPoint is not tablet or mobile phone compatible.
It is your responsibility to contact your teacher if you encounter problems!
If you would like to take advantage of the homeroom activities & earn two elective credits, please contact your teacher.
YOUR DIGITAL TEACHING TEAM
The Digital teaching team will be checking our emails throughout the day from 8am-6:30pm to support you.
Send your individual teacher an email if you get stuck or have a question:
If you want to do some research, here's the CDC's website. There is some valuable factual information on the site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Here's the WHO website which also has some very good information: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus.
Digital students looking for Driver's Ed courses: click here to see a list of resources around the city.
Digital High School
Roy J. Wasson Academic Campus
2115 Afton Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Digital High School is a School District 11 credit recovery program serving El Paso County students.
- We serve students ages 16 - 20
- Enroll any time of the year
- Work on one class at a time
- Work at your own pace
- Certified teacher in every classroom
- We offer 58 various courses using the GradPoint Learning program
- Weekly instruction on individualized post-secondary goals
- Work in a solitary learning environment
- Students can earn up to 20 or more credits a school year
- We offer free day care (certain conditions exist)
- We offer free school transportation between high schools (certain conditions exist)
INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN OUR UPCOMING BLENDED LEARNING PROGRAM? CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
We invite you to be part of a community-wide conversation as School District 11 presents Beyond the Mask: A trust-building and listening tour. Nov. 19—Moving Forward: Where have we been? Where are we going? Moving the District Forward with Plans for Equity, Academics, and Facilities. The first event is Thursday, November 19 at 6 p.m. and will be a virtual event streamed live to the D11 Facebook page. D11 leadership representatives and board members will address questions, thoughts, and ideas as we collectively move forward during this pandemic.