APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
The Application Development and Support team serves the data, reporting, applications, and custom development needs of the district. We purchase, install, test, develop, modify, and maintain an extremely broad set of applications that support critical functions, mandatory CDE reporting, HR, payroll, finance, benefits, recruiting, student information systems, instructional programs, and educational requirements, which affect every department, school, and stakeholder group connected to District 11.
Fundamentally, all student and staff data are managed or processed by ADS. ADS programmers along with database and system administrators orchestrate the flow of staff and student data within District 11 applications and between District 11 and scores of vendors. ADS staff provide training, issue resolution, and custom support for staff and teachers using student data systems throughout the district. Specific areas of support and development include (at a high level):
- Database development and support for crucial D11 hosted systems, such as PeopleSoft and PowerSchool Special Programs
- Essential PeopleSoft (HR, Finance, Payroll, Benefits, Careers, etc.) development, testing, maintenance, training, and support
- Data integration with dozens of third-party vendors that support critical instructional applications used in all educational settings (in-person, remote, and hybrid learning)
- On-time application support for staff and families (where appropriate) focused on key systems such as the Student Information System, Schoology, and PeopleSoft
- Federal and state mandatory reporting along with custom report needs of district offices and school sites
- Custom application development, which supplements vendor solutions and provides special functionality for students, central admin staff, and school users
- Microsoft Office 365 training, support, and custom enhancements
- PowerSchool School Management System (SMS) support, training, maintenance, customization, integration, etc. The PowerSchool Management System integrates the student information system, learning management system, assessments, student plans, data reporting and analytics, and several other applications into a single application platform.
The mission of the District 11 Security Deparment is to provide security services and a safe learning and working environment to District 11 students, parents, staff and community members.
The security department is managed centrally, but building principals have on-site supervision authority. To find out about the programs and services offered by District 11 security visit their website.
Network Services provides the following services:
- Working, reliable and available network services.
- Provides a safe online learning environment and exceptional support for our customers.
Network Services Intranet Site (Internal Users Only)
Network Communication Services provides support for all district-provided office phones, voice mail system, cellular services and outcalling systems.
Network Communication Services
Network Communication Services Intranet Site (Internal Users Only)
Technical and Support Services provides hardware and software support for over 100,000 pieces of technology equipment including:
- ~ 15,000 Windows PC desktops and laptops
- ~ 13,000 Chromebooks
- ~ 10,000 iPads
- Classroom Audio/Visual equipment: interactive smart panels, projectors, sound reinforcement, document cameras, and video playback devices
- Audio/Visual systems in Gyms, Auditoriums, and Cafeterias
- Printers, scanners, and laminators
- Classroom intercom and paging systems
Technical and Support Services manage the following district wide applications:
- HappyFox Helpdesk
- Printer Logic
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Intune
- JAMF Pro
- Google Workspace for Education
- Other remote access and support tools
Technical and Support Services maintains the D11 Support Center and is available to assist whenever possible to provide an excellent customer service experience and a quality educational environment.
Instructional Technology and Library Services
Instructional Technology and Library Services directs the integration of information literacy and technology skills by leading and inspiring each school's Library Technology Education (LTE) and District Support Technician (DST). Together we manage library and technology tools so that students have access to the best possible resources.
E-Resources: Catalogs and organizes schools' library and instructional resources.
Library Technology Program: Provides direction and support to LTEs/DSTs to reinforce information literacy skills and instructional technology in schools.
Software Licensing: Ensures all district computers and devices have reviewed and licensed software that works with the D11 network.
Professional Resource Center (PRC): Provides staff with professional resources and materials.