On the top horizontal menu, under Students, Find Student Distance Learning. (Direct Link Here)
During the Shut Down, our school's main number (328-2400) will be monitored but NOT answered. The BEST way to communicate with your student's teacher is via email or telephone to teacher's classroom number. The Distance Learning Info page has teacher numbers, email and hours.
Teacher emails and numbers can also be found on the STAFF DIRECTORY.
612 E. Yampa St.,
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903
Attendance Messages: (719) 328-2435
Counseling: (719) 328-2420
Enrollment: (719) 328-2412
Weekly Parent Contact Information
Each week on Sunday afternoon, North sends information to parents about upcoming events and activites. You can receive these messages by phone or email or both. If you wish to opt in or out of these messages, please adjust your settings in the District 11 Loop.
About North Middle School
North Middle School includes a Wide Variety of programs and activities to serve our diverse population. All North Students learn international mindedness, personal responsibility and academic integrity through the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) model.
- Accredited IB World School, partner with Palmer HS for 5yr MYP
- Honors Program: Advanced classes provide challenge and stimulation
- GT Program: Dedicated daily classes with specific Flight & Space curriculum
- GT Academy: Structured environment for double advanced students
- AVID: Higher-education preparation for grades 6, 7, & 8
- Special Education: Grade Level, SED, and SSN classes
- World Language: ALL Students study either Chinese (Mandarin), French, Spanish
- Music: Daily Band, Choir, Jazz Band, and Orchestra classes
- Technology: Multiple carts/labs, Media Center, evolving Applied Academics class curriculum
- Wide variety of intramurals, clubs & activities: WEB, NJHS, Pretty Brainy STEM, Tutoring, Leadership, Battle of the Books. Public Achievement, Lego, and more!
North Middle School Mission
North Middle School students will be productive and successful citizens. We hold our students to high standards so that they will set goals, think for themselves, problem-solve and take responsibility for their own learning. We will fulfill our collective responsibility to reach and teach all students by building a collaborative and professional climate.
District 11 COVID-19 Planning & Preparation
School District 11 (D11) continues taking steps to:
- Help prevent the transmission and spread of COVID-19
- Protect our students, staff, and community; and,
- Minimize the disruption of teaching and learning.
We are actively reviewing and updating our Emergency Operations Plan for Infectious Diseases, as well as creating education and communication plans.
ALL FAMILIES APPLYING TO THE NORTH HONORS OR GT PROGRAMS:
Be assured that we will continue to accept applications once the schools reopen. Your patience while our return responses are disrupted by this unexpected time off is very much appreciated.
Please note - along with all other activities, the History Festival, planned for this spring, has been canceled.
North Food Pantry:
Fridays from 2:30-4:15 when available
More info will be placed here again when schools again are open
Registration & Withdrawal to/from North
For all enrollment questions, and as a place to begin (whether enrolling at North or withdrawing from North), we highly recommend you begin with a call to Peggy Leger in the Enrollment Office - 328-2412.
- New Students will need: Proof of Residency, Immunization Records, Birth Certificate (copy). Ms. Leger can assist you with the online form - available from home or we can arrange to have you come in and we will assist you in accessing/using the online form from a computer in the Counseling Center.
- For those withdrawing from North: We can facilitate this process, check in books and school materials, and make the process easier. Please call 328-2412. Please note that we cannot drop any student from North School Roster until we recieve a records request from the new school.