Each year, the state of Colorado requires students to complete activities that will prepare them for graduation and the post-secondary world. These activities must be completed before the end of the school year or before you can officially graduate.
We will be using the NAVIANCE program to complete the required activities. You can log in to NAVIANCE any time and complete your assigned tasks. Follow the instructions below to access NAVIANCE:
1. Go to: student.naviance/tdhs
2. Click “Log in with Clever” (leave the log in info blank)
3. Click “Log in with Clever” again on the next screen
4. On the 3rd screen, use your network username (the one you use to log in to the computer). Your password is your student ID number
5. Once you are logged in, go to the upper right corner and find “My Planner”, choose “Task” from the drop down menu
6. You will see a list of tasks that need to be completed by May of 2020. Select a task.
7. To open the task, go to the red arrow and click the bold text.
Students must complete 10 of the below assignments to receive a Homeroom credit. Edpuzzle login information is below.
Understanding Your Digital Footprint- log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 2 videos: “Four Reasons to Care about your Digital Footprint” and “Digital Footprint”
Interview and Resume Skills- log in to Edpuzzle.com to watch 2 videos: “How to Write a Resume” and “Interview Tips for Teens”
Taxes- Log in to Edpuzzle and watch 2 videos: “Do I Need to Pay Federal Taxes” and “Taxes 101”. Then use the sample W-2 form to complete the 1040ez form attached
Health Insurance- Log in to Edpuzzle.com to watch 3 videos: “Health Insurance 101: The Basics”, “Health Insurance 101: Types of Plans”, and “How to Compare Health Insurance Plans”
Loans-Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 4 videos: “Mortgages 101”, “Payday Loans Explained”, Loans 101”, and “Student Loans 101”
Credit- Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 3 videos: “Credit Cards 101”, "Credit Scores and Reports” and “How to Rebuild Your Credit”
Car Buying- Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 4 videos: “How to Finance a Car”, “How to Get Car Insurance”, “Buy or Lease” and “Car Insurance 101”
Applying for Jobs Online- complete the attached lesson about online job applications and return to your teacher via e-mail
Voting- complete the attached lesson about voting and voter registration and return to your teacher via e-mail
Voting Age- go to Edpuzzle.com and watch the video "Voting Age: Should It Be Lowered?" Answer the questions in the video
Living on Minimum Wage-complete the attached lesson about living on minimum wage in the US and return to your teacher via e-mail
Research Skills and Media Literacy- complete the attached lesson about building research skills and understanding bias in the media and return to your teacher via e-mail
Minimum Wage Video- Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch the video: “30 Days Episode 1 season 1”
Renting an Apartment - Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 3 videos: "How to Get an Apartment," "Renters Insurance 101," and "How to Get Renters Insurance."
Banking - Log into Edpuzzle.com and watch 4 videos: "Spending Plans 101"; "Funding Your Future"; "Checking and Savings 101"; and "How to Get a Bank Account."
Investing - Log into Edpizzle.com and watch 3 videos: "Why Invest"; "How to Invest"; and "401K and IRA 101."
Study Skills - Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 2 videos: "Focus and Concentration" and "Taking Notes."
Workplace Skills - Log in to Edpuzzle.com and watch 3 videos: "Soft Skills- Communication"; "Soft Skills- Professionalism"; and "Soft Skills-Attitude and Enthusiasm". Then complete the Communication Activities and the Attitude and Enthusiasm Activity attached.
- Instructions for Edpuzzle videos
- Go to edpuzzle.com
- Click "sign up" and "I'm a Student"
- Click the red "Google" button to sign in with your D11 Google account
- On the left side of the screen, click "Join Class"
- See your teacher for your class code
- Then click "Join"
- You will see the video assignments waiting for you. The video will pause for you to answer the questions and will not let you continue without answering the question. You can replay the previous section of the video to help you with the question.
- Instructions for Edpuzzle videos