During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or with or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
Sunday, January 19, 2020
NO school on Monday!
Boys Bball this week: Mon: A Squad ONLY.9:00am – 12:30pm
Tues – Fri: B Squad: 7:00-8:30am; A Squad 3:50-6:00pm
Sat: A Squad ONLY 4:45-7:00pm
Monday, January 20: NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 21 (Viking)
- Palmer counselors here to register 8th graders assigned to Palmer HS
- Doherty HS 8th Grade Open House, 5-8pm
- Before school: Learning Center; Leadership Club; 7:30-8:15; Boys’ B 7-8:30
- After-school: Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 230; Public Achievement; Boys’ A 3:50-6:00
Wednesday, January 22 (North)
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Dodgeball; NJHS
- After-school: Craft Club; Forensics; NORTH BOYS; Young Artists; PLAY PRACTICE to 5:30; BOYS’ BBALL HOME vs. Jenkins
Thursday, January 23 (Viking)
- Palmer HS 8th Grade Open House, 6-7:30pm
- Odyssey Early Colleges and Careers 8th Grade Open House, 6-8pm
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Yearbook; Boys’ B 7-8:30
- After school: Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 238; Pride Club; Boys’ A 3:50-6:00
Friday January 24 (North)
- Coronado counselors here to register 8th graders assigned to Coronado HS
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Anime Club; Boys’ B 7-8:30
- After-school: PLAY PRACTICE to 5:30; Boys’ A 3:50-6:00
Saturday January 25
- PLAY PRACTICE, 9-noon
- Boys’ A 4:45-7:00pm
- Click on this link to see how easy it is to collect points for North’s PE program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuXDKejVEg&feature=youtu.be . We appreciate your help!
- Our Young Artists need wide-mouth plastic containers with secure lids! (Truvia jars are perfect!) The group is working on several new murals and needs safe containers for paint transport.
- FREE LAUNDRY FACILITIES! Contact Mr. Weickum or Mrs. Eggleston to use the North laundry room (we have detergent for you) OR to arrange a drop off and we’ll have it clean for you by the end of the day)
- EVERY DAY IS A LEARNING CENTER DAY! Anthony and Ms. Eberhart take students EACH morning from 7:30 – 8:15am in Rm. 103. NEW ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS – there is now a doorbell at the Annex doors (facing El Paso St.) – just ring and someone will come let you in.
- MONDAYS: help with binders, organization and study skills.
- TUESDAY and THURSDAY focus on current homework and computer classwork (Achieve, V-Math, Prodigy, etc.).
- WEDNESDAY: reading skills
- FRIDAY: a variety of things as long as all work for the week is done. Attached is the permission/sign-up letter OR PRINT IT OFF THE North webpage.
Archive of Attachments Sent with Home Connect Emails During 2019-2020 School Year
This archive will save all attachments sent home with Home Connect emails.
- Colorado Springs School District 11 Calendar for 2019-2020 (Spanish) (August 11, 18)
- Cell Phone Policy Poster & Cell Phone Policy as Explained (August 18, 25, Jan. 5)
- Picture Day (August 18)
- Bell Schedule Final (August 18, 25)
- YMCA After School Program (August 25, September 1, 8, 15) Updated & Reposted (Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Basketball Flyer (Sept. 8, 15)
- BDF Building Advisory Committee (Sept. 15, 22)
- Laundry (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Jan. 5, 12)
- North Shirts (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6)
- Conferences & Conferences Spanish (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20)
- Butter Braids (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Focus on Academics (Sept. 29, Oct. 6)
- Palmer Shadowing Info (Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Marijuana and your child (Oct. 13, 20)
- Pre-AP Info (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- Karaoke & Poetry Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- AVID & Avalanche (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- STEAM Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3, 10)
- Wreaths Across America (Nov. 3, 10, 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8)
- Thanksgiving Food Drive (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- PRIDE Club (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- New Security Letter (Nov. 10)
- Middle School Chess Tournament (Nov. 17, Dec. 1)
- Poetry and Karaoke Dec. 6 (Dec. 1)
- North Family Tree (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- North Christmas Food Drive (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- Hand Washing-Dr. Will & Hand Washing CDC (Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Flu-2019 & Flu-CDC Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Homework Club (Jan. 5, 12)