1023 N. 31st Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Phone Number: (719) 328-4200
Fax Number: (719) 630-0187
Principal: Bryan Relich
Irving Howbert Elementary School Mission
Our Mission is to become an excellent school based on the philosophy that we learn best in our environment that includes:
- Strong, standards-based instructional programs that are designed to meet the needs of the learner.
- A variety of interventions on the basis of student need and staff expertise.
- An emphasis on high expectations for student achievement and personal character to ensure academic success.
- Opportunities to develop character, tradition, pride, personal responsibility, self-control, respect and cooperation.
- A collaborative partnership among students, staff, families and community members.
Irving Howbert Elementary School's strong history of academic excellence in the classroom continues today through the hard work and collaboration of our students, staff and Howbert school community.
Through our 21st century educational approach to educate the whole child, our co-curricular opportunities and our embedding of technology within our classrooms provides our students with the tools to become more engaged and responsible learners.
Our students, professional staff and Howbert School environment continue to benefit from the support and efforts of our numerous parent/guardian, Howbert neighborhood, and our community/business partnerships. Please contact the school at 328-4200 for more information on these volunteer opportunities.
As part of the Howbert tradition, we continue to be a community and neighborhood school: our current parents, family members, community members and some of our very own Hobwert staff members have all attended Howbert Elementary School and now have their own children or family members attending Howbert.