After new boundaries are approved
• My child’s current school is closing and I am not pleased with their new boundary school. What can I do to send them to another school? You will want to complete a choice application and submit it to the school you wish for your child to attend. Schools will consider additional students for enrolment on a space available basis, based on rules established by state law and district policy.
• My child currently attends their boundary school, but our boundary is changing. They wish to continue at their current school. What do I need to do? Have your student complete the Letter of Intent they will receive in the mail, indicating that they would like to remain at their current school.
• Due to the boundary changes, my child is considered “grandfathered” into their current school. Will transportation still be provided? Transportation will be provided as long as there are enough students in the area using transportation to the “grandfathered” school. Definite transportation routes will be available August 1.
• My child’s current boundary school is (school name). Under the new boundaries, their school will be (second school name), but they currently attend school at (current choice school name) under a Choice permit. Is there anything we need to do for them to continue at their choice school? No. Once a choice application is approved, it is good for the duration of the academic level at their school.
• My student’s school is closing. Do I need to go to the new boundary school to enroll them or will their enrollment be automatically transferred? No. Their enrollment will automatically transfer to their new boundary school for Elementary. High School students will need to complete their Letter of Intent stating where they wish to attend and return it to their current school.
• Our current boundary is not being affected by the changes, but they attend their current school on a choice application. Will they be asked to leave because of the boundary changes? What if they are involved in a special program? No. Once a choice application is approved, it is good for the duration of the academic level at their school.
• My student currently attends their boundary school, (school name). Due to boundary changes, their new boundary school is (school name). They will remain grandfathered at their current school. Is there any paperwork I need to complete? You will need to complete their letter of intent to stay at their current school and return it in a timely manner to ensure their place at their current school. You will not need to complete new enrollment paperwork or a Choice application.