Enroll your student for Fall 2017 kindergarten!
All District 11 elementary schools offer free full-day kindergarten *
When: Registration for the 2017/2018 School Year is April 21, 2017. If you can't make it this day, call your neighborhood school to make other arrangements.
Where: Your neighborhood school:
- See Our Schools for the address and phone number of your school.
- School Finder will help you determine your neighborhood school based upon your street address.
- Students may attend any District 11 school on a space available basis: see the Choice page for more information.
- Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport or military ID)
- Immunization records (click here for more information on immunization requirements and where to obtain immunizations)
- Proof of residency
- If student is not living with both biological parents, a copy of legal paperwork (custody/guardianship) may be necessary.
Are there age requirements?
All children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2017.
Is my child ready for kindergarten?
contains helpful information about kindergarten readiness.
Where can I find out more information about kindergarten in District 11?
*Some District 11 charter schools have half-day programs with full-day tuition options.