Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in Colorado Springs School District 11.  Currently, Human Resources is not accepting applications for Guest Staff Teacher/Emergency Substitutes beginning April 25, 2016.  Human Resources will begin accepting new applications for Guest Staff Teacher/Emergency Substitute and Guest Staff ESP Substitutes on

July 17, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year.

Thank you,

Human Resources Department

Colorado Springs School District 11 uses online technology which gives our candidates greater flexibility in the application process. It allows you to create your own User ID and password and will store your application information. You will have the ability to update your application prior to applying for open positions.  You must apply for each position that is of interest. 

Applications are only accepted through our online application system.  Applications that are mailed, emailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be accepted.
Please click on the FAQ link if you are experiencing difficulties in the application process or have general questions regarding the open positions.


FAQ Sheet


For assistance, please contact human resources at 520-2169.


There are six (6) sections to the application:
Current and Prior Employment, Education, Licenses, Language Skills, Questionnaire, and References and Referrals.
Please answer all questions completely and accurately.  Only completed applications will be reviewed; failure to submit the required documents mentioned below will result in applications NOT being considered.  Please note that some of  the sections may vary depending on the type of job for which you are applying.
You should gather all supporting documentation before you begin your application. Supporting documentation can be attached under My Activities section of your account.
In order for your application to be considered complete, the following documents must be attached or scanned into your electronic application:                                                                                                                    
  1. A copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. (Official copies will be required upon hiring if selected.) 
  2. A valid Colorado Department of Education Teaching License or a 3 or 5 Year Substitute Authorization.


Step 3
There are two types of Substitute Licensure that District 11 accepts. Please apply for the position for which you are certified.
Apply for the Emergency Substitute Teacher posting if you hold a 3 Year Substitute Authorization.
Apply for the Substitute Teacher posting if you hold a 5 year Initial or Professional Teaching License.